How HIP Consult collects information about its Users
When a User visits the Website, HIP Consult collects the person’s IP address and standard web browser information, such as browser type and the pages accessed on the Website, for statistical and analytical purposes. If the User visits from a mobile phone or other access device, HIP Consult collects in addition device identifiers, their country location and mobile network information. This information is collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis. This information may also be used in order for HIP Consult and/or third party service providers to improve the User experience, such as by displaying targeted on-line advertisements on the Website, and for fraud prevention purposes.
How HIP Consult collects information about its Contact Users, Purchasers, VIPs and Promoters
If a User registers as a Contact User, HIP Consult only collects the User’s name, the User’s email address, and the company for which he/she is currently employed, and optionally the User’s message and whether the User wishes to receive promotions and updates from HIP Consult and third parties.
If a User purchases a Conference Delegate Pass, the User will input their name, title, company, email address, phone number, country, the credit or debit card number, the expiry date of the credit or debit card, the billing address (including zip, state, where relevant, and country), the card type, the cvc and the cardholder name. HIP Consult only stores the User’s name, zip code, state, country, email address, the last four digits of the credit or debit card, the expiry month and year of the credit or debit card and the card type. The stored information is not sufficient to make a charge against the credit or debit card, and is stored only for accounting purposes. In addition Stripe, who is processing credit card and debit card transactions on behalf of HIP Consult, may collect information from the User directly via cookies or other means.
If a User registers as a VIP, HIP Consult only collects the User’s name, company, title, email address, telephone number, country and executive assistant’s contact details.
If a User registers as a Promoter to sign up for a promotional code to BISA, HIP Consult only collects the User’s name and email address, the User’s friend’s name and email address, and optionally the User’s company, the User’s friend’s company and any additional comments/ queries provided by the User.
When the User accesses the Website, HIP Consult, or companies hired by HIP Consult to track how the Website is used, may place small data files called "cookies" on the User’s computer.
HIP Consult encodes its cookies so that only HIP Consult can interpret the information stored in them. A User is free to decline cookies if his/her browser permits, but doing so may interfere with use of the Website.
The Website may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how the Website is used.
How HIP Consult protects and stores Information
Throughout this policy, the term "Information" is used to describe non-public information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. Information does not include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
HIP Consult stores and processes Information on its servers in the United States and HIP Consult protects it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory standards. HIP Consult uses computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and authorizes access to Information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
HIP Consult uses up-to-date technologies and maintains rigorous security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorized access to all Information. However messages and information passing over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. The confidentiality of such communications cannot, therefore, be guaranteed and a User should not divulge personal information over the Internet unless he/she is using a secure or encrypted communications technology.
How HIP Consult uses the Information collected
HIP Consult collects Information to provide the User with a secure, seamless and simple user experience and to comply with all legal regulations. All Information will be treated by HIP Consult with the utmost confidentiality. HIP Consult may, in particular, use Information to:
- provide the User with a Conference Delegate Pass if purchased;
- allow the User to register for the VIP Pass;
- provide the User with a promotional code for BISA;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- customize, measure, and improve the content and layout of the Website, including the display of customized, targeted marketing and promotional offers on the Website (if relevant);
- send the User information concerning his/her participation in BISA;
- send the User targeted marketing and promotional offers where the User has consented to the use of Information for these purposes; and
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How HIP Consult shares Information with other parties
HIP Consult may share Information with:
- Members of the HIP Consult corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint service offerings and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this Information to market their services unless approved by the User.
- Financial institutions that HIP Consult partners with to jointly create and offer products and/or services. These financial institutions will not use this Information to market these products and/or services unless approved by the User.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- HIP Consult is compelled to do so by a subpoena, a court order or a similar legal procedure
- HIP Consult is required to do so to comply with the law
- Other third parties with the User’s consent.
HIP Consult will not sell or rent any of a User’s Information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares Information with third parties as described in this policy.
Accessing or changing Information
A User has the right to obtain a copy of all Information relating to him/her held by HIP Consult (for which HIP Consult may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccurate information rectified or erased. Users also to have the right to have personal data taken off a direct marketing or direct mailing list.
A User wishing to make such a request should follow the following procedure:
- Apply in writing to Customer Service, HIP Consult Inc., 4201 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20008.
- Users should endeavor to give as much detail as possible in their correspondence which will help to identify them (e.g. name, e-mail address) and locate all the information that HIP Consult may hold.
Contacting HIP Consult about data privacy questions